If you are looking forward to a relaxing family vacation where you will also get a chance to indulge in some kind of exciting activities, The Coromandel would be the ideal place to travel. With its native forests, pristine beaches and laid-back vibe it happens to be one of the most popular as well as most visited travel destinations in New Zealand. Covered with dense rainforests and bordered with glittering white sand beaches, it is absolutely relaxed and rustic and at the same time, it offers lots of tourist attractions and activities. Whether you want to go for a sea kayaking tour around the coastline or you would like to enjoy sky diving – Coromandel offers it all! Reaching and staying in Coromandel is absolutely easy as you get cheap business class airfare in plenty if you can plan the tour well in advance and there are a number of hotels as well as resorts available at varying ranges. So, plan your tour today if you wish to visit Coromandel after 4-6 months. While there are plenty of things to do and see in Coromandel, here are only some of them listed –
- Visit the Cathedral Cove – If you are traveling with kids, then this is a place that you can’t afford to miss at any cost – courtesy, of the famous The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and this also happens to be one of the renowned natural icons of New Zealand. Enjoy a tour through the cathedral, with a professional guide, swim on the snorkel trail, and just be amazed to witness the incredible aquatic life in the marine reserves.
- New Zealand is a thermal wonderland – If you have a strong craving for the hot water bath, spa and staff like that, then you are going to enjoy a heavenly feeling since there are plenty of underground thermal minerals like that of Miranda hot pools or the Lost Spring or you can also experience the natural hot water beaches.
- Go for a ride on Creak Railway – This is an excellent combination of engineering, art and nature and makes an innovative train journey through beautiful man-made features and kauri plantings.
- Walkthrough the pinnacles – Take a walk to the base of the craggy pinnacles and explore the stunning views through the groves of the huge rata trees and lots of swing bridges and streams.
- Avail ferry from Auckland – If you want to enjoy the amazing scenic beauties of the Coromandel, avail a ferry to the place right from Auckland city and enjoy a 2-hour ferry ride across the Haruaki Gulf Marine Park.
- Indulge in the local delicacies – The Coromandel is famous for all the locally grown and harvested products that make some of the most famous local delicacies, which are strictly regional. Make it a point to taste all the local dishes and experience the culinary essence of the Coromandel.
- Enjoy fishing in Coromandel – With a wide-stretched 400 km of coastline and more than 100 offshore islands, coromandel is one of the favorite fishing locations in New Zealand.