If you are too busy or not enough time for taking preparation the HubSpot CMS Hub Implementation exam, then we recommend you follow our HubSpot CMS Hub Implementation Certification guidelines. You can easily pass the HubSpot CMS Hub Implementation Exam & earn your certification.
As an alternative, we can take the exam on your behalf. For any kind of assistance, please contact us.
FAQ – HubSpot CMS Hub Implementation Certification Answers
For your convenience, we have prepared a HubSpot CMS Hub Implementation Certification Exam Answers sheet. We offer it for sale through our website.
All question answers have been added in PDF format (English) so that you can read, find, select and copy easily.
Please double-check all questions and answers when taking the exam because you will get some similar questions which answers will be different. If you are on the computer, you can press "CRTL+F" to find questions on this page or if you are on mobile/tablet, go to tab options and "hit find in page" option.
Yes, we do regular updates on all exam answers. If you follow our exam solution, then you will pass your exam with a 100% passing guarantee with Satisfaction.
FYI: Exam Authority team can change the question and answer at any time. After purchasing the answer sheet (within 3 days), If you don’t pass the exam, just let us know, and we will re-check and send you the updated exam answer sheet within 48-72 Hours.
Yes you can hire us to take your exam and save your valuable time. Our expert team member will take the exam on behalf of you.
For Hiring Us Follow These Below Steps:
- Please provide us your User Name, Email, Recovery Email and Password of your account. You can change the password before if you want.
- We will do the exam on behalf of you.
- After passing the exam, you can change your mail password again.
Exam Taking Cost:
The exam taking services cost depends on exam. Normally we charge $5 for per exam. Also we charge $10 for some exams.
You can let us know which exam certificate you want, Based on your exam we will send you our cost. To get details, Contact us today.
Check out some following HubSpot CMS Hub Implementation Certification Exam Answers:
- Which of the following is most synonymous with a CMS Migration if the client is happy with their website but wants to change or upgrade the underlying CMS technology?
- True or False? “You shouldn’t worry about differentiating HubSpot CMS from the competition. Most CMS products in the market are ultimately quite similar, even if HubSpot CMS is a little easier to use. Focus more on winning your prospect’s trust in your firm, because their relationship with you matters more than any product.”
- True or False? In the post-migration review phase, you should cancel your old hosting once redirects are verified.
- Scenario: Your client has a number of technical questions during the post-migration assessment. You were just hired by your firm as a technical lead/developer, and you want to impress the client and deliver a remarkable experience. Which of the following is a best practice for you to follow?
- True or False? The client should prepare for an “expected traffic drop,” which is guaranteed to occur after the migration is finished.
- True or False? “While your site is under construction, you should NOT block access to the “under construction” site with a robots.txt file, password protection, and/or noindex tag.”
- True or False? Technical leads, front-end developers, and other technical experts should NOT be joining sales calls. They are not trained to support sales professionals, and this isn’t a part of their job description.
- Scenario: You are based in Boston, MA, but most of your customers are based in Mumbai, India. Which of the following steps should your firm take, in terms of following CMS migration launch best practices?
- True or False? “UX designers should join sales calls as needed. They can support the rest of the team and provide expertise on technical UX matters.”
- Which of the following is not a reason for post-migration site metrics to deviate from pre-migration averages?
- In what circumstance is it okay for you to skip the client evaluation period in a CMS implementation?
- True or False? While your site is under construction, you should block access to the “under construction” site with a robots.txt file, password protection, and/or noindex tag.
- Scenario: You finished the migration for the client successfully a week ago, but site metrics are lower than pre-migration levels, even after checking for seasonal factors, UX issues, etc. You finally discover that a technical step was missed by your firm’s implementation team. What should you do?
- True or False? CMS migrations, implementations, and website redesigns should all be focused on the experience of the front-end developer. As long as you meet the clients’ developers’ needs, you’ll automatically satisfy the marketers and other personas on the client’s team.
- Scenario: You, your firm’s newly hired strategist, notice that your team is struggling to keep up with project volume. Particularly, you notice that your full stack developers or technical leads are overburdened with answering your clients’ technical SEO email questions. You’re an expert when it comes to technical SEO, but that’s not what you were hired for. What should you do?
- True or False? You should consider walking the client team through simple troubleshooting steps or record videos, so your clients feel confident enough to make those changes without relying on you after your project is complete.
- True or False? Your firm’s front-end developers should be completely shielded from the sales process. They are not trained to speak to clients, and will likely weaken the pitch if allowed to join sales conversations.
- Scenario: Your client has heard misinformation about HubSpot CMS that has caused them to lose trust in it, but they love your firm’s service and want to work with you on their next redesign project. Which of the following is the right course of action for you to take?
- Which of the following is NOT one way in which a website redesign and CMS implementation project could fail?
- True or False? “Website strategists should never be allowed to address technical SEO questions, no matter how experienced they are. Those questions should always be handled by front-end developers.”
- True or False? HubSpot CMS can sometimes help alleviate friction internally and for prospects and customers. It plays a minor role in some stages of the flywheel model (attract, engage, and delight).
- If conversion rates increase while bounce and exit rates decrease, which of the following could be true?
- Scenario: Your prospect doesn’t trust your assertion that HubSpot CMS is easy to use for both developers and marketers. Which of the following is the best way to win their trust?
- True or False? “You should educate your prospects only after you’ve given them a demo of HubSpot CMS’s capabilities. Before the demo, your education might not resonate with a prospect who doesn’t even grasp the key value proposition.”
- True or False? If you have sufficient experience as a firm, you should feel free to operate without an organized process for CMS migrations. Defining an organized process is only useful to relatively inexperienced teams.
- True or False? HubSpot provides public APIs for pulling blog posts, local development tooling for pulling website files locally, and numerous public CMS endpoints that give your developers access to pulling/pushing CMS content and to help them quickly migrate on/off HubSpot CMS with less effort.
- True or False? “Even though HubSpot CMS has many features and you can easily get lost trying to champion all of them, you should discuss all of them, no matter how irrelevant they may seem to you, because your client knows their needs better than you. By covering every single feature in the first demo, you could discover solutions or approaches they didn’t consider before speaking to you, and you’re more likely to win their trust.”
- True or False? Google Data Studio’s integration with HubSpot is a free tool built for helping you identify and fix 404 issues/errors with your site.
- True or False? Your firm’s full stack developers should be running the sales process. You don’t need to hire salespeople, because developers understand CMS systems well enough to answer prospect questions.
- True or False? As your firm’s front-end developer, you don’t need to understand how to use HubSpot CMS. Only your client needs to learn how to use it.
- Which of the following is a common way in which the supervisory committee can guide a website redesign project?
- True or False? You cannot build a successful HubSpot sales pitch without defining certain terms, such as “collaboration,” “customer-facing teams,” and “friction” exactly the way HubSpot Academy defines these terms in this certification. These terms are defined in a precisely scientific way to psychologically influence your prospects.
- Which of the following statements is false, based on the information, frameworks, and methodologies shared in this certification?
- True or False? “Less expensive CMS products may have hidden costs that aren’t included in the sticker price, in terms of implementation time, customizability for marketers and developers, and manageability.”
- Which of the following would go against the best practices for managing a website redesign and CMS migration?
- True or False?: “You should NEVER make a copy of your entire old site on a new server on a separate domain/subdomain for easy comparison later. If hackers get access to the copy of your site, you risk the safety and security of your entire web redesign process. Furthermore, the copy site can jeopardize your SEO.”
- True or False? “Content creators should work exclusively with the front-end developer to build content in alignment with the back-end developer’s defined content architecture, including building out individual pages, blogs, and other user-facing content.”
- True or False? If your client owns a small business of under 100 employees, they don’t need to worry about adhering to GDPR regulations in their website redesign. It applies mainly to large multinational corporations.
- Scenario: You’ve completed every stage of a CMS migration project for a client, but they’re requesting a little more of your time for training or educating their team on how to use the tool. Because their team is particularly new to HubSpot, they need a little more help before they’re ready to be self-sufficient. What should you do?
- Scenario: Your prospect has specific questions about key functionalities in the HubSpot CMS, based on their poor experience with their previous CMS. Which of the following is the best way to win their trust?
- When is it okay to avoid assigning tasks to responsible individuals in your running log of implementation tasks?
- If conversion rates drop while bounce and exit rates go up, which of the following steps should you take?
- Which of the following is NOT a reason for post-migration site metrics to deviate from pre-migration averages?
- Scenario: You, your firm’s full stack developer, can hear your strategist and salespeople having an important conversation with a frustrated prospect. The prospect is asking a number of technical questions, and your strategist/salespeople are unable to answer them fully, because the topics are outside their area of expertise. However, you think you might be able to answer at least a few of the questions. What should you do?